I’ve been located in Texas for a number of months, waiting for winter to be over. I had several different opportunities available, and then Nathan Tuomi contacted me.
He was curious if I had any interest in managing a golf course that he was building.
Conversation and more information ensued, and the answer from me was yes.
There was a timeline that precluded immediate engagement, mostly that Brainerd, Minnesota was still the land of the frozen.
Planning the trip up to Brainerd included several stops.
- Visit my brother Sam Chapman and his family in Oklahoma.
- Meet Joeseph Neal of Barn Savers (he will be on a future episode of my Blue Collar Voices podcast).
- Meet Jorge S. Aguilar, owner of Empire Highrise USA, and check out a possible repair job.
- Meet up with my awesome friend Marc LeConte in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Arrive at Brainerd, Minnesota.
Arrived in Brainerd Wednesday, April 14th.